Join DRARA and the London Road Station Partnership for coffee and (birthday) cake, followed by a friendly street picnic to celebrate 150 years of the Brighton to Seaford line.
- 10.30 – 11am Blowing out birthday candles and eating cake (with a fruit and veg theme)!
- 11am Dawn Chorus singing.
- 11am onwards Why not visit the London Road Station Partnership gardens, find out what’s growing. Drop by Florence Rd Market to pick up stuff for picnic. Take a look at our exhibition of posters about the history of the railway station and the area.
- 12 midday Marvel at Brighton & Hove Model Railway Club display.
- 12 midday. ‘Pick and Cook’ cookery demonstration from Brighton and Hove Food Partnership. How to use what’s growing in the garden to create wonderful food.
- 1pm (revised time). Vintage steam train ‘Oliver Cromwell’ should be passing through the station on its way to Eastbourne.
- 1pm – 2pm. Maire McQueeney’s guided walk focusing on railway heritage of this area will take place from Brighton Station, back to London Road Station. Exact time to be confirmed.
- 2pm. Mel’s All Stars playing in Shaftesbury Place.